Thursday, June 21, 2007

Now, about that whole "five" thing ...

One reason for finding frequent posting difficult is that I painted myself into a corner by choosing this "five" theme to my blog. It can take some time to think up five points on any given issue, let alone articulate those five points.

This post, and a few of mine over the last week or so, are examples of quick, sharp posts that are easier to do more often. (And via email as well.)

Guthers in fact mentioned in the comments over at The Fountainside the other day that he had noticed I'd started just posting a few lines (while SamR was getting into the whole five thing by doing "penta-posts"!).

I'm going to stick with the five theme, but keep interspersing my penta-posts with shorter, quicker posts to keep things moving ...

8 comments:

Guthers said...

sounds like a plan andym...

I really like your penta-posts because they show you have thought the topic through. I think 5 is a good number even if a little restrictive.

a good mix of penta-posts and thoughts-in-short should keep the readership happy.

I'll definitely keep reading if you keep linking me!

Dave Miers said...

i went to do a 5 thing last night - but then realised i had a 6th! so it was 6.

hi 5!

SamR said...

Maybe you could do a penta-post interspersed with 5 'one-liners'?

Mike Doyle said...

Five things Andy could post Five things about:

1) Why Maccas is good.
2) Why Church should do the Lord's Supper
3) Why exercise is bad for you
4) Why putting effort into leading church doesn't matter.
5) Why the ABC should be axed.

:-)

At least if I get your blood boiling you may post 5 things stating why not ;-)

Mike

Andy M said...

You get my blood boiling Mike? Never!

Don't worry, I've got some of those topics in my sights. Well at least (1) and (2).

Mike Doyle said...

I need to try harder then....

;-)

Andy M said...

OK, suggest another 5 topics then.

Penis Enlargement Pills said...

nice posting keep blogging,....
i am very new in blogging, please and kindly visit my blog,..
thanks a lot...♥♥♥♥